Meeting and Events Manger - Reactive (Maternity Cover)
Kingsway Hall Hotel part of Shiva Hotels is actively looking for a professional and experienced Meeting & Events Office Manager to cover maternity leave for 12 months. Reporting into the Director of Sales as Meeting and Events Office Manager, you will be responsible for planning and organising events or meetings from enquiry stage right through to post event. Responsible for managing the Meeting and Events and Private Dining team to maximise sales of the Meetings and Events facilities and develop all potential revenue.
• Managing the conference diary in order to maximize space and revenue.
• Regularly updating the yield calendar and communicating new strategies the team.
• To train and motivate the reactive meeting and events team to ensure and maintain performance against KPIs
• Weekly forecasting and attending the forecast / revenue meeting.
• Prepare and analyse reports (lost, turn down business etc.) and adapt strategies if necessary
• To support and maximize enquiry conversion as well as upselling opportunities
• Actively communicate to pro-active Meeting and Events team need periods
• Attend and participate in all internal meetings as appropriate.
• Organise regular competitor checks to be aware of prices and product of hotels and venues in the area.
• To Ensure active communication between Meeting & Events Operations, Kitchen and Food & Beverage Outlets for all relevant meeting & events business.
• To handle any feedback promptly and professionally
• To ensure that all conference office administration is completed correctly and efficiently
• To make sure that hotel standards are met and adhered to by the team
• To pro-actively sell the Kingsway Hall Hotel to both potential and current clients
• Accept flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests.
• To make sure that new package and prices are set up and organised for Christmas, weddings, private dining etc.
• To have a full and up-to-date knowledge of hotel product and service
• To ensure that all legal and statutory regulations and responsibilities are met in order to maintain a safe working environment.
• To conduct performance reviews of team in line with company policy.
• Participate actively in budgeting process.
• To ensure policies and procedures in regards to prepayments and credit facilities are being adhered to.
• Events sales experience
• Management / supervision experience
• Experience in meeting and events in hotels is required
• Proven negotiation skills
• Ability to develop professional relationships
• Proven ability to take direction from clients and deliver their event, meeting or wedding
• Effective time management, organisational and leadership skills
Restaurant and Bar Operations Manager
The hotel is looking for an experienced Restaurant Bar Manager to ensure the effective running of the F&B outlets in the hotel with a focus on providing high quality service, in the restaurant, bar and room service.
The successful candidate will be the face of Food and Beverage in this Front of House role. You will demonstrate the highest level of hospitality and professionalism in order to motivate the team and achieve the highest standards possible. As Restaurant Bar Manager, you will be expected to be hands on, running the day to day of the department. You also will be expected to maintain service standards through continuous training, developing and nurturing of the Food and Beverage team.
Other Key Skills
• A passion for delivering the highest levels of customer service and a drive for guest satisfaction
Excellent communication skills and an ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
• Excellent attention to detail and flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• A warm personality, attentive and professional outlook
• An all-rounder with prior experience managing a bar and restaurant
In return you will receive excellent progression opportunities and you will also get to enjoy the following benefits:
• A bespoke development plan to guide you through your next career move
• 28 days paid holiday including public/ bank holidays
• Staff discount across the group
• Service Anniversary Benefit programme
• Free meals on duty
• Childcare Voucher
• Free laundry service for uniform or work attire
Reception Team Leader/Supervisor
We are currently looking to recruit a Receptionist to join our busy Front of House Department. We are looking for someone that is passionate and that has strong customer service background.
The ideal candidate would have:
- At least a years’ experience in customer service in a 4-5 star hotel environment
- Duties will include: checking in and out of guests, taking reservations when required, money handling, data inputting, answering phone calls, taking down written messages and providing information to guests
- To be successful, you will need to communicate clearly in English to guests, whilst delivering a high standard of customer service at all times. Previous experience of the Front Office Department is essential. You will also be required to maintain an extremely high standard of personal grooming.
F&B Attendant - Restaurant / F&B Attendant - M&E Operations
The Harlequin Restaurant is looking to recruit restaurant waiting staff to join our fantastic Food and Beverage Operations team.
Located in Covent Garden, we offer a variety of meals from breakfast through to dinner and we are looking for food and beverage staff that are passionate about providing the highest of customer service standards and that are dedicated and committed to hard work.
We are looking for food and beverage professional that is friendly, enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile!
- Previous hotel restaurant or conference and banqueting experience
- A good command of the English language
- Reporting into the Restaurant Manager and Food and Beverage Supervisors, your daily duties will include opening and closing shift, taking orders, serving customers, cash handling, setting and clearing of tables and up selling.
Housekeeping Room Attendant
We are currently looking to recruit experienced Room Attendants to join our housekeeping department to work on a full time basis, 5 days out of 7 on a pro-rota basis.
As Room Attendant, you will report into the Head Housekeeper but work very closely with the Housekeeping Floor Supervisors to deliver exceptional service:
- Ensure that all public areas and bedrooms that are allocated to you are cleaned to the required hotel standard
- Previous experience in a 4/5 star hotel or similar role will be an added bonus but not essential as training will be provided.
All applicants must have a good command of the English language.