What now is a well regarded 4 star deluxe and business hotel was previously the Kingsway Hall Methodist Church, erected in 1912 as the worshipping centre of the West London Mission. Built for Evangelical purposes, it was considered to have the finest acoustics in London for recording orchestral and choral repertory.
The London Symphony Orchestra made 421 recordings there between 1926 and the building's demolition in 1984, and the London Philharmonic made 280 recordings.
Kingsway Hall was the first to capture the voice of Luciano Pavarotti, in a 1964 EP entitled Favourite Italian Arias that contained two by Puccini and three by Verdi, including the highly popular 'La Donna È Mobile'.
In 1998 Cola Holdings acquired Kingsway Hall and launched a multi-million pound refurbishment to build the business hotel Kingsway Hall. Although the original façade has been kept, the inside of the building was completely renovated and changed for the purpose of the hotel. Our reception desk is now situated approximately where orchestra members once recorded.